Please upgrade your browser.
2018 Jack O Lantern Contest
Join us for our fourth annual Pumpkin Carving Contest fundraiser!
Enjoy a fun evening for a great cause, benefiting Kids’ Compassion Project. Bring completed Jack O’ Lanterns, or just drop by to admire the creativity of others. Get those costumes early and make an evening of it. Stanley Marketplace businesses will also be open for trick-or-treating, so come on by!!
When: October 28, 2018
- 3PM -- Zombie crawl and Thriller flash mob hosted by Neighborhood Music Stapleton at Stanley Marketplace: Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/370961456974953/
- 4PM -- Kick-off performance by Cherry Creek Dance in the community area at Stanley
- 4:15PM -- Trick or Treating begins at participating Stanley Marketplace businesses
- 4:30PM — Jack o’ Lantern contest entries due
- 5PM — Jack o’ Lantern judging begins on southeast plaza
- 6PM — Jack o’ Lantern winners announced
Cost: FREE (Donations suggested to support Kids’ Compassion Project fundraising efforts)
Divisions (age as of time of event). Prizes to be awarded in each division.
- Pre-K to 5 years
- 6 years to 9 years
- 10 years to 12 years
- 13 to 17
- 18 and older
- Register today!
Entries must be brought to the event by 4:30pm on October 28. Judging begins at 5:00pm.
Entries in each division will be judged on design, detail, creativity and originality.
- Pumpkins can be painted, carved, or decorated in other ways.
- Adults are welcome to help children, particularly to ensure safety, but in the spirit of the contest, please ensure the entry is primarily done by the child.
- No “Flame” candles allowed. Battery operated jack-o-lantern lights will be available, or you can bring your own.
- Entries must not exceed 2 feet high, 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep.
- Entries must be free-standing or attached to a piece of plywood or foam core so they can be easily displayed.
- Entry should not incorporate any amplified sound
- Pumpkins must be family-friendly. Scary designs are fine, but please do not incorporate any violent or sexually suggestive elements. Organizers have the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate.
- All pumpkins must be removed after the event